Last Modified: May 6, 2019
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out a list of acceptable and unacceptable conduct for our Services. If we believe a violation of the policy is deliberate, repeated or presents a credible risk of harm to other users, our customers, the Services or any third parties, we may suspend or terminate your access. This policy may change as Plottu grows and evolves, so please check back regularly for updates and changes.
- comply with all Terms of Services, including the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy;
- comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property, data, privacy, and export control laws, and regulations promulgated by any government agencies, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and any rules of any national and other securities exchanges;
- upload and disseminate only Data to which User owns all required rights under law and under contractual and fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) and do so only consistent with applicable law;
- use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorised access to or use of the Services;
- keep passwords and all other login information confidential;
- monitor and control all activity conducted through your account in connection with the Services;
- promptly notify us if you become aware of or reasonably suspect any illegal or unauthorised activity or a security breach involving your accounts or teams, including any loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure or use of a username, password, or account;
- comply in all respects with all applicable terms of the third party applications, including any that Customer elects to integrate with the Services that you access or subscribe to in connection with the Services.
- permit any third party that is not an Authorised User to access or use a username or password for the Services;
- share, transfer or otherwise provide access to an account designated for you to another person;
- use the Services to store or transmit any Data that may infringe upon or misappropriate someone else’s trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property, or that may be tortious or unlawful;
- upload to, or transmit from, the Services any data, file, software, or link that contains or redirects to a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other harmful component or a technology that unlawfully accesses or downloads content or information stored within the Services or on the hardware of Plottu or any third party;
- attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, hack, disable, interfere with, disassemble, modify, copy, translate, or disrupt the features, functionality, integrity, or performance of the Services (including any mechanism used to restrict or control the functionality of the Services), any third party use of the Services, or any third party data contained therein (except to the extent such restrictions are prohibited by applicable law);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Services or related systems or networks or to defeat, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, or otherwise circumvent any software protection or monitoring mechanisms of the Services;
- access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive product or service or copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the Services;
- use the Services in any manner that may harm minors or that interacts with or targets people under the age of thirteen;
- engage in activity that incites or encourages violence or hatred against individuals or groups;
- share pornographic images or videos and gratuitously graphic or disturbing media, even if it’s not pornographic.
- share content promoting the sexual or violent exploitation of minors, including the sexualization of fictional minors.
- promote activities that encourage, promote or glorify acts of self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia, and suicide.
- post duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts.
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an employee of ours, an “Administrator”, an “Owner”, or any other Authorised User, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, organisation or entity;
- use the Services to provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organisation(s) designated as a terrorist organisation pursuant to laws and regulations concerning national security, defense or terrorism;
- access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- place any advertisements within a Plottu client;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- Embeds that directly collect data through form fields. This includes embeds that facilitate the submission of email addresses and other personally identifying information through forms and the submission of credit card information.
- abuse referrals or promotions to get more credits than deserved;
- sublicense, resell, time share or similarly exploit the Services;
- access or use the Services on behalf of, or for the benefit of, any Patent Assertion Entity;
- use contact or other user information obtained from the Services (including email addresses) to contact Authorised Users outside of the Services without their express permission or authority or to create or distribute mailing lists or other collections of contact or user profile information for Authorised Users for use outside of the Services; or
- authorise, permit, enable, induce or encourage any third party to do any of the above.
Plottu provides multi-tenanted SaaS solutions and seeks to ensure and maintain an optimal user experience. Plottu is committed to an up-front, published, simple, transparent and no-nonsense subscription pricing model. We don’t set out to tempt customers with low up-front pricing and then “pile on” additional charges for storage etc. We do not charge extra storage costs when the tool is used reasonably and normally. We do however need to ensure that the provision of our services is profitable, as well as fair.
That’s why we monitor technical usage and work according to a Fair Use Policy. This Fair Use Policy has been created to prevent improper use of the software, so we can offer all our customers an excellent user experience. The Fair Use Policy for our SaaS solution comprise storage, traffic and compute – this includes for example file storage, database size, the amount of internal and external network traffic including web traffic and the amount of database load and API load – including CPU time, memory use and queue lengths across all services.
Plottu does not charge extra costs when the tool is used reasonably and normally. When we determine the scope of Fair Use we take into account your contract, technical advances and the current price rate of all necessary assets. We’ll adjust these values when there is reasonable cause. In general, this will often mean expansion and raising of thresholds and reducing the cost of excessive use, as a result of lower costs of cloud storage and cloud computing. We will inform you in a timely fashion, when these changes affect your costs or use. When we detect something out of the ordinary in your environment, we’ll contact you to discuss the situation and potential alternatives. If the situation doesn’t change, we may have to limit the available storage, bandwidth, database usage or API usage, for example.
Within your SaaS environment you can store documents, website resources, as well as data and transactions in the database. To make sure that there is enough storage for everyone, we may limit the amount of data you can save.
The amount of storage for Business Customers will depend on the type of contract and number of users. We’ve made sure that almost all customers have plenty of disk space when the solutions are used normally. You can always request the actual size of your data storage from our service desk. You can also free up more storage by removing data yourselves, or asking us to help you with our clean-up-service. If we detect that your organisation structurally saves more data than we consider to be fair and normal, we’ll contact you to discuss the situation. It’s possible to expand your storage and we may charge for the additional storage.
Network Traffic and Bandwidth
To prevent a negative effect of excessive network traffic on your user experience or that of others, we monitor the traffic. We compare your use to the average use of others. With normal use you don’t have to worry about the network bandwidth available to you. If we detect a situation that could lead to a decrease in service, we will contact you to discuss the situation. In some situations, we can intervene by limiting the available bandwidth or we may charge for extra bandwidth capacity.
Compute and Load
To prevent a negative effect of excessive use of compute resources, on your user experience or that of others, we monitor the compute resources. We compare your use to the average use of others. With normal use you don’t have to worry about the compute services available to you. Where increased usage is caused by the normal growth of users and customers, we will scale the resources available. If we detect a situation that reflects abnormal use or that could lead to a decrease in service, we will contact you to discuss the situation. In some situations, we can intervene by limiting the available compute resource or we may charge for extra compute resources.
Urgent and Extreme Cases
In an urgent or extreme case, for example where services are likely to be significantly impacted, or where we believe your system or ours is under attack (a DDOS – denial of service attack for instance) or where we believe your system or ours has been compromised (for example a hacker or potential a security breach) we may stop the services, or temporarily block your access to them. Before we do this, or in urgent situations immediately after doing so, we’ll always contact you to discuss possible solutions.
In some cases, even without an attack or breach, if your use of the services continues to impact other users, is expected to do so, or is generating costs to us that are not normal when compared to other Business Customers on the same contract and make our service to you unprofitable to maintain, we may isolate your services from the multi-tenanted environments and pass the costs onto you. Before we do this, or in urgent situations immediately after doing so, we’ll always contact you to discuss possible solutions.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Plottu’s Acceptable Use Policy. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.